Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Follow the yellow brick road.

Well, since the "permanent vacation assignment" from Justin's work happened- we have been working on our house like little bumble bees in a hive. Our house is all "a buzZZ", with drills, saws and random orbital sanders (Ah!, I can smell the saw dust now).

We tore apart the entire master bath and for the first time I layed tile (is it laid? the Websters dictionary doesn't have either form of the word, in what I am meaning). Besides my obvious lack of spelling bee skills, I got plenty of worker bee skills, and I am so proud of myself!

Wait one second while I pat myself on the back-

Oh shoot!

my arms are too sore from all the demolition, and I can hardly lift them!

But seriously I have wanted to lay tile for 6 years. And I finally did it. I decided a brick pattern would look the best and hide any lines that weren't exactly straight. So, while the rest of the bathroom is in shambles - the floor is gorgeous!!(double exclamation)

Justin built the vanity base today. I have been wanting a table vanity base for years, and I finally got it 1 month before we are destined to move, but still. I must admit, I want to take it with us! I am going to paint it all white tomorrow.

We enlisted the local LDS missionaries to finish ripping out the kitchen floor! Thanks heaven for the help! While I paint and Justin works on the plumbing. Then tomorrow I will tile the kitchen floor, then it is on to laying the new oak flooring in the front room and hall! so this blog is to be continued....


Before pictures of the Bathroom (obviously we have taken out a few things)



This kind of cracked me up, so I had to take a picture.
The sun was totally beating down on us, so here is my little "tile cutting oasis".
The work begins
Done now on to grout
( a little while and a day later)
Ta-da!
Here is the vanity Justin built out of scrap wood we got from our church remodel.
All told with my awesome tile buy (1.59 for a box with 11 sq feet), a free new toilet from a plumber friend, Justin's scrap wood vanity, a free mirror from Asheville free cycle and a few regular things we have only spent about $400.00 on a complete master bathroom remodel! SCORE!

0 comments: