Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sur La Table

I have a few house updates to share.


Actually it has more to do with furniture, but they go in my house so.... anyway, a few years ago I got our family table from my brother Rand. This is the table that we ate at, morning, noon and night at as a kid with my six brothers and sisters and my parents. Before that, it had been my father's parents . I LOVE this table. It is huge, but it is soooo wonderful.


The table itself had seen better days. In fact, I remember when I was 10 or 11 I realized the the finish had softened so much I could scratch it off with my fingernail. So, I spent a good half hour scraping designs into the top. I specifically remember a nice bird cage design that really tickled my fancy. But alas, at 27 I did not like the bird cage motif quite as much!


So I started refinishing it, which started and seemed to drag out, and out, and out, beyond belief. But at last it is done. And we have pictures to prove it, and a space to park our car again!



0 comments: