Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pregnant Cravings

I am so on a roll today! 2 blogs in one day! Yeah for me...

Anyway, what does every crazy pregnant woman crave?

Pickles?

Pickles and Ice Cream?

Well that is just not for me, what do I want?



A good steak!
(hence my lunch....I made that!)




I am talking Texas Roadhouse Top Sirloin, medium -OR- Hamilton's in Logan, Utah my heart goes out to you! I still miss you and your 2 for $25.00 (including two meals, 2 drinks and 2 deserts)... I am not so much into Fillet minon- it's just not my thing, give me a Top Sirloin any day. Maybe Texas is the right state for me after all.

But as for today, all I have been thinking about is steak!

Maybe I need more iron? But then what made it worse? I watched Top Chef, on Hulu. One of the guys made steak, and some other person made grits, and my heart was set on nothing else. I could accomplish nothing. I have no leftovers that I want to eat. I don't really care for homemade sandwiches, (very often)... So I caved. I made a 5 minute run to Wally-world here are the results.

(And the second best part? I have left overs, so When I am hungry in 2 hours I can eat it again!!)


The end!

This was a really easy to make meal and only took 10 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350

Start water boiling for grits, and begin heating skillet Med high. (make sure to use a skillet that can be transferred to the oven)

Add grits to boiling water and a pinch of salt. Set timer 5-6 minutes, you will occasionally be stirring this, but that is about it. Remove from heat when done.

When skillet is hot add 1 Tbls Butter, let brown slightly, add steak. Cook 3 minutes on one side While cooking slice mushrooms (to speed slicing I use an egg slicer), Add sliced mushrooms to skillet. Flip steak, another three minutes on other side. Stir mushrooms occasionally. (**if steak is especially thick make sure to beat it a little with a meat mallet before to tenderize it, mine wasn't that thick so I omitted this step!)

After both sides have cooked, insert a meat thermometer into center and place skillet with steak and mushrooms into your preheated oven. Watch till center is the right temp. (Rare 140, Medium 160, and well 170)

While meat is in oven, add a wedge or two of laughing cow cheese to prepared grits (I prepared 1 cup of grits and used one wedge), mound in center of plate, Remove steak from oven when it has reached desired done-ness and place on grits, add mushrooms and any juice from the pan onto the top of it all!

Enjoy!

0 comments: