Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Vivid

I have heard that as a pregnant lady you have crazy dreams.

Well I totally had one last night!

My mom and I were hanging out with some of my young nieces looking at my belly, which was a little transparent. So, we could see Etta's hand and feet pretty clearly as they kicked and hit me.

My mom decided it would be fun to see her and said "Oh, let's just take her out and play with her for a minute."

Then, in that happy mystical dream land, Etta was magically being held by my mother, and yet still attached to a long umbilical cord.

At this point I began to get really worried. Etta was so small and fragile, we really shouldn't have taken her out. And she shouldn't be coming for another two months.

So my mom said, "We'll just put her on this pillow" But she was handling her really rough and kept kind of dropping her on the pillow.

I was worried that the umbilical cord was going to get kinked and kept telling her to be careful.

Finally, I had had enough. I just wanted my baby to be safe. So, I picked Etta up, with the intention of "putting her back in there" (who knows how that was supposed to happen). When I finally got a really good look at my tiny baby, she was covered in brown fur and looked like a small monkey.

In my dream logic this condition totally made sense, I thought, "Oh, she hasn't lost her hair yet, she really isn't ready to be out yet."

Then I woke up.

p.s. My mother is great with children, so I have no idea were this came from, but it was kind of funny. I just don't want Etta's nick-name to be monkey! (unless I give that to her myself!)

0 comments: