Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wrong Number

I have other things to blog about but I just had to share a little happening from this morning. I am still a little bugged, but I am getting over it a little.

TRUE STORY: (please read the entire blog)
I was working in my kitchen this morning, making something, when the phone rang.

Me: Hello

Other Person: Who is this?

(my brain, oh yeah, I'm just gonna tell a stranger, who called my home phone number my name cuz you demand it?? Yeah right!)

Me: Who is this?

Other person (now identified, names have been changed, (yes- I still remember her name) Sally MacDonald, who are you?

Me: Why are you calling first?

Sally: YOU'RE HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH MY HUSBAND!!!

Me: I think you have the wrong number.

Sally: What's your name?

Me: Lady, you have the wrong number.

Sally: What's your name?

Me: My name is Cassity, and no I have no idea who you or your husband are and I am not having an affair with your husband.

I hang up.

I am a little steamed! How rude! Since we don't have caller ID, I wrote down her name and the date and time she called just in case she start harassing us.

Two minutes later the phone rings again. So, the harassing has already begun, seriously, am I going to have to call the police?

I pick up-

Sally: I know you are having an affair with my husband, I have a private investigator and you called my husband's cell off of his (shady website profile name) from this number on Feb 12th.

Me: I have NO IDEA what you are talking about! You're private investigator is taking you for a trip!

Sally: I know you are having an affair, I have proof.

Me: I just moved here to Texas, I have no idea who you are. I am seven months pregnant with my husband's baby. You are totally wrong.

Sally: How long have you had this cell phone?

Me: This is my house number!

Sally: Well, that is strange.

Me: I am telling you, you're private investigator is totally ripping you off.

Sally: I sure bet your husband would want to know about this.

Me: Call my husband! Give him a call! I am NOT having an affair with your husband.

Sally: No, I am looking at the phone records right now, you called, and I am sure of it I have the proof.

Me: What number are you trying to reach?

Sally: 555-555-0007

Me: My number is 555-555-0004

Sally: Oh.....

Me: I am sorry that you are having to go through this, but next time please make sure you are even dialing the right number. And really maybe you should be talking to your husband first!

Sally: Sorry, Bye.

Me: Bye.


Just thought you might enjoy that little tidbit of my day! The moral of this story by the way- Please make sure you have the right number before you start accusing people of having an affair with your husband.

By the way of proof: We weren't even in town on the day this call took place (from our home phone). We were in the car on the way to San Antonio, TX.

0 comments: