Monday, May 18, 2009

Washing spree

Happy Monday!

Today is an unscheduled washing laundry day. I have about 17 loads to do. How is that possible with only two people? (I realize to all you seasoned mothers of 18 or even 3 this sounds like nothing, but still, yuck- 17 loads? really?)

About 3 weeks ago our washer decided to spew water all over our laundry room. The culprit was found, the part was ordered. I washed six loaded of laundry by hand... (lazy or crazy, not sure which) The part was waited for, and finally arrived a week late. But guess what, wrong part, they charged us $12.00 for a screw. Yes, that is what I said, a single screw.

We drove to a local repair shop, to see if the part was there. Yes, victory! (why didn't we do this 2 weeks ago) They had it on hand, a bit more than 12.00, urgh, but available for pick up. We got the part.

Justin was finally free to install it Saturday. We had enough time to wash one load of unmentionables before Sunday. I don't do laundry on Sunday, sabbath and all so now, I have everything and it's dog to wash, including every single rag and dish towel in my house! But I already have about 4 loads down and plenty of day. And it totally beats washing the stuff by hand- we have no idea how blessed we are as a society to have washing machines!

0 comments: