Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm Screaming!

For ice cream that is, cuz hey it's almost officially summer.

The other day while doing a quick run through the grocery store, (we only needed milk, what did we leave with?.... Well that is another story)

On the way by the ice cream isle I had a craving.... for ice cream sandwiches! Doesn't that just sound good?

I turned down the isle to pick some up, and got distracted by the double fudge brownie ice cream- oh pregnancy,... oh chocolate. I totally forgot what it was I was headed down the isle for.
Well the craving did NOT disappear, I remember that as soon as I got home. I found that I still needed ice cream sandwiches. But I wasn't going back....
I opted to make some.
Here is the recipe. SUPER easy:
Ice Cream Sandwiches:
Vanilla ice cream (set aside for 5 minute before use)
----
Cookies:
1 box devils food chocolate cake mix
1 cup Crisco (I never said it was healthy....)
2 eggs
----
Mix together, then spoon batter onto a cookie sheet.
Bake 350 for approx 11-13 minutes.
(Time is really up to you, if you like the cookies crunchy go longer, chewy go less- this recipe is usually for homemade Oreo cookies, with cream cheese frosting, so you can try that too)


I use a cookie scoop, it keeps the cookies uniform. I got a nice one at Wally world for about $5.00 (after purchasing the pampered chef version that broke the first time I used it, then the replacement did the same... and when I got the Walmart version I saved about $7.00)


They may be slightly puffy when you pull them out. I just drop the pan about 6 inches, onto the stove top to make them fall, and be a little more dense, although they may just do that on their own.


I let the vanilla ice cream sit out for about 5+ minutes. Then just sliced it and shoved it in between two cookies. Then you need to let them freeze for about a day, I just place mine stacked in a gallon freezer bag.

Warning: These are addictive.

Caution: If feeding to children, do so OUTSIDE, they are crumbly little buggers, and who want to clean up the mess? Not I!


If you make these tell me what you think!

0 comments: