Sunday, September 20, 2009

Worth Every Penny

... all 25 of them.

When I first moved to Fort Worth I was on the lookout for good second hand stores. I love thrifting I've been doing it since high school. You should see my collection of 60's and 70's clothes (me: sigh of contentment)! Anyway after asking my friend Amanda I was told about this awesome store that has 25 cent days. That is right, all thing 25 cents. But she couldn't remember the store name.
Well, I got busy and pregnant and the store slipped my mind, that is until my other friend Sharla came to church wearing a cute shirt that she had altered. She got the idea from this blog. It was too cute, and I told her the next time she goes I was going with her.

We planned on that next Wednesday. Unfortunately it got a little late and Sharla couldn't go so I ventured out on my own. I brought home loads of great things including two perfect pairs of slacks for my husband to wear to work (.50 total for BOTH). But, I also got a lot of dresses for my self, because I don't own any I can feed my baby in. And later I will show the other things I bought to alter.
Today I altered one of the dresses just to make it a little cuter. It was going for the football player look with big old shoulder pads. Seriously, why were shoulder pads ever popular?
Before:


There were slits in the back that went a little to high. The front had a collar and longer sleeves.

After:

For the front, I removed the collar, shortened the sleeves and added a ribbon around the bodice and bottom. Then in back, I sewed up the slits. I am going to wear it to church tomorrow.

0 comments: